Title: Le Roux and Müller’s Field Guide to the Trees and Shrubs of Namibia
Authors: Piet le Roux; M.A.N. Müller; Coleen Mannheimer; Barbara Curtis
Publisher: Namibia Publishing House
2nd edition. Windhoek, Namibia 2022
ISBN 9789991628219 / ISBN 978-99916-2-821-9
PVC laminated softcover, 17 x 24 cm, 566 pages, throughout colour photos
Namibia is endowed with a vast array of different trees and shrubs that contribute to the botanical richness and panoramic landscapes of the south-western part of Africa. This landmark publication, since first published in 2009, made knowledge of Namibias woody plant species, which are important both economically and ecologically, far more accessible, and has been a trusted field companion to botanists and laymen alike. This highly anticipated second edition of this popular guide contains more than 1.000 photographs, of which over 400 are new. Comprehensively updated, Le Roux and Müller's Field Guide to the Trees & Shrubs of Namibia now features:
• A number of additional species descriptions, including seven species new to science.
• Each species has been provided with a description, distribution map and photos.
• Distinguishing characteristics have been highlighted.
• As many common or local names as possible have been included.
• Keys to families, genera and species, as well as hints on field identification, habitat and uses.
• The main key has been revised and expanded, with drawings and photos to help the reader.
• The most important families have been colour-coded along the margins for ease of reference.
Conservation of woody resources in Namibia
Factors that influence the distribution of trees and shrubs in Namibia
About this book
Hints on species identification
How to use a key
Key to families, genera and some species
Appendix 1: Additional species
Appendix 2: Alien species
Common names list