Guidelines for Authors: Journal (Namibia Scientific Society / Namibia Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft)
The guidelines for authors who whish to contribute to the annual Journal of the Namibia Scientific Society / Namibia Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft, have been set up by the Commitee of the society in order to keep up the Journal's quality and relevance.
Guidelines for Authors
The Journal (Namibia Scientific Society / Namibia Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft) publishes articles related to Namibia. All contributions must be based on original research and should constitute a definite advance in knowledge in that field. Authors bear sole responsibility for the entire content of their papers (accuracy of facts, data and language, as well as their deductions and opinions expressed). If applicable, authors must ensure the consent of third parties involved (i.e. in biographies etc.). It is the responsibility of the authors to make sure that there are no pending copyright issues regarding their articles. Referees will review the papers submitted. Based on their advice, the Editor will accept or reject contributions. All refereeing is strictly confidential. Articles of 2000 words or less may be considered for publication as a short note, in which case no separate introduction, methods, results and discussion are necessary. Short notes must contain references however, and acknowledgements may be made if necessary. Non-reviewed articles of popular or anecdotal nature will also be considered. The latter will be edited to conform to the style required.
Presentation: Write contributions in English, German or Afrikaans. Submit two clear copies of the manuscript, including all drawings, graphs, and photographs. All articles in German should conform to the "Neue deutsche Rechtschreibung". All articles must be in electronic format, preferably in a current version of MS Word, submitted on memory stick, disk or via email.
Layout must follow the following sequence:
- Title page with title
- Full address of the author (P O Box and email)
- Both abstracts: Abstract to be in language of paper and second abstract in language of choice.
- Keywords: Maximum 8.
- Paper should consist of: Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, Acknowledgements and References.
- Tables: Each on a separate page, not as part of the text.
- Figures: Group together with captions, on separate page, not as part of the text.
- Graphs: Send original printout on good quality paper as well as on disk/memory stick.
- Curriculum Vitae: Please include a short author's biography with a recent photo.
- References: References in the text should be cited as follows: 'Mendelsohn and Roberts (1974) stated or (Mendelsohn & Roberts 1997)', when giving a reference simply as authority for a statement. In the list, authors' names should be typed in capitals: (e.g.: JANKOWITZ, W.J. 1983. Die plantekologie van die Waterberg Platopark. Ph.D. thesis, University of the Orange Free State, Bloemfontein.)
- Tables: Keep tables to a minimum. The same data should not be duplicated in tables and graphs. Each table must be on a separate sheet and be numbered consecutively in order of appearance, using arabic numerals. Bear in mind the limitations imposed by the size of the printed page (A5).
- Illustrations: Photographs, figures, drawings and graphs should be submitted in a separate file (not embedded in the text file) either as JPG or as TIF with a resolution of not less than 300 dpi or as good sized paper originals (we will scan them and return them to the author).
Submit manuscripts to:
The Editor: Journal c/o Namibia Scientific Society
P O Box 67
Every author may receive 5 reprints of his/her full-length paper. These are free of charge. Kindly inform the Namibia Scientific Society about such a request prior to printing.
Journal 63-2015 (Namibia Scientific Society)
A scientific series published by the Namibia Scientific Society, this is the Journal Nr. 63 from 2015.
Journal 62-2014 (Namibia Scientific Society / Namibia Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft)
A scientific series published by the Namibia Scientific Society, this is the Journal Volume 62 dating from 2014.
Journal 61-2013 (Namibia Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft / Namibia Scientific Society)
Dies ist Band 61 des Journals der Namibia Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft (Namibia Scientific Society), der 2013 herausgegeben wurde. Die Hauptbeiträge dieser Ausgabe sind in deutscher Sprache gehalten.